Sunday, August 31, 2014

Blog Post Number 2

Blog Post Number 2
1. The central point of this video is to show us that you can't expect people to learn something if they don't do it. The video shows the students attempting to learn the dance moves at the end by using written notes and it makes no sense. I think in the end the video made its point because there are so many things that can't be taught just by telling people things.

2. Outline
     A.Why technology is important.
        1. We need it to teach our students how to live in the 21st century so that they can prosper. 
         2. Teaching them about how to network will help better prepare them for the real world.
          3. Teaching them about what professionalism is also important.

I agree with Roberts in that teaching is changing. We are realizing that we have the advent of technology at our fingertips and we are not starting to utilize it. I see it effecting me like any other teacher. I will be able to find fun and engaging ways to teach my students.

3. Well, I personally think that the way connectivism is implemented would only work in some courses. Things like psychology, literature, and other such humanities classes would shine under it. However, classes like science and math wouldn't work well. The student needs a teacher because the teacher is the one that shows him how to take advantage of these things. She shows him how these are useful and beneficial to his education.

4. She basically said that you can't always try to teach every waking second in the classroom. Sometimes you have to be the student and let the students teach you? I do like her method of teaching though. I feel like so much can be learned from our students. We always need to be students as well as teachers.

5. Elementary children are ahead in the "Learning Race." I am an undergraduate.

6 .Flipping the classroom is basically teaching the students at home via computer with pre-recorded videos. I don't think it will be used that often unless I decide to do Shakespeare translations.

1 comment:

  1. Remember that every blog post is required to have working links and at least one picture with alt and title modifiers.

    ReplyDelete