Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post Number 5

My Personal Learning Network

A Personal Learning Network(PLN) is a network of resources a person can tap into to gain information on a variety of things. As a teacher they can keep you in contact with other educators. It also has the neat ability to give you ideas about things to try in your classroom. They are formed through meeting people with similar interests through social media. You can make your own by getting out there and talking to people. The more outgoing you are the more people will want to network with you. I think my first additions to my PLN will be my high school teachers.

PLN summary on 9/21: I think I have a pretty robust PLN. I effectively use social media to my advantage when it comes to making contacts. I utilize Facebook for keeping in touch with people from far away places. I also am utilizing twitter so that I can keep up to date with other teachers. For now those are my only two but I am very adept at using both of them.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sterling!
    I also use twitter and FB in my PLN. They are great ways to stay connected and share resources! You should add a few more so you can expand your PLN. Symbaloo is a great place to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sterling! I use Facebook for my PLN as well. I haven't really started using Twitter much yet, but I plan on it. Your blog was short and to the point. Very efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you watch the the assigned videos or read the assigned blog posts. You did not answer the driving questions or tell what a PLN is. A PLN is more than social media. You need to go back and look at the blog post instructions.

    ReplyDelete