Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Post Number 10

I watched the interview with Mrs. Cassidy and I personally thought it was somewhat helpful. My goal is to go into urban areas to teach. One that don't have all of the advantages wealthier schools have. As a result I need to learn how to bring technology to them and learn to teach them with it. She said in the video that she found blogs useful in her class room. She said that it is exciting for her students to know that someone was reading and it made them feel good. I want to transfer that same feeling to the teens I intend to teach.

To them it feels like society has forgotten them and I think that is the perfect way to help them realize they haven't been forgotten. I do see a problem with this however. Not all of them will have access to the internet. In this day and age we expect that every person should have access but that simply isn't the case. Many of the students I will have will have trouble making sure they eat. It would be ridiculous for me to expect them to have an internet connection.

To deal with this problem I intend to take them to the library every Monday and Thursday. This gives them a guaranteed internet connection.

Here is a video I watched

2 comments:

  1. "One that don't have all of the advantages wealthier schools have." doesn't, not don't

    In Baldwin County all schools and students have ethnology!

    Where will you be looking for a job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sterling,

    I really admire you for wanting to go out of the comfort zone and immediately start teaching in some of the lower tech area schools. Many schools out of Mobile and and further out are just now receiving updated libraries. Bringing them to the library two (or more) days a week is a great start in getting them to use technology. Maybe you could update the blog every Sunday night and Wednesday morning so that when they log into the class blog it is immediately different posts than what the saw the days before.

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete