Sunday, November 16, 2014

Blog post Number 13

We were tasked with making our own blog post this week so I thought I would talk about time management with the internet. The internet is vast and it has many things on it. Some of these things are really fun and interesting and some other things not so much. One of the really cool advantages of being connected to the internet is that you can test yourself to see if you manage time well.

What I mean by test yourself is to see how long you can stay on a website or play a game and see if you still get your work done on time. These may seem like distractions but they are actually really eye opening when it comes to understanding how you manage your time. One thing that I have discovered about the internet is that is a giant time sink. Five minutes can turn into two hours if you aren't careful.

http://cdn-media-2.lifehack.org/wp-content/files/2013/09/Rescue-Time1.png

Luckily, you can find ways on the internet to help you manage your time better. One of these many devices is an online alarm clock. They can go off after a certain point in time and let you know that it might be time to start working on that assignment. Another great tool is the app Rescue Time. It allows you to see how much time you spend doing any particular thing online or even offline. The results may astound you.

focus booster

Another great app is Focus Booster. It works by helping you set times to start working on things. It takes into consideration things like snack breaks so it is very useful. And one final app is Toggl. Toggl tells you how many times and how much time you have opened or even spent on a project. It is a great way to be aware that you might be spending too much time on your math and maybe not enough time on your science class.

toggl

Hopefully my post can help you understand how to better manage time.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I tell myself just 5 more min and next thing I know I have been using my computer for hours. Great post. Keep up the good work.

    -Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great tools. This is a great blog post!

    ReplyDelete